Tate loves anything that has to do with Toy Story. Sometimes I think he believes HE is Woody. As I said in my previous post, he wears his Woody hat everywhere we go and hollers "Yee-Haw" to us all the time. The following is a conversation that he and I have almost daily.
Tate: "Here Mom, wear Jessie's hat, please."
Mom: "Sure, Tate." (we have a red cowboy hat that he wholeheartedly believes is Jessie's actual hat.)
Tate: "Howdy Jessie, I'm Woody."
Mom: "Well, hey howdy hey Woody! I'm Jessie."
Tate: (laughing) "You're funny, mom."
Mom: "See ya later, Woody."
Tate: "Bye Jessie."
My hat is then removed and I wait an hour or so until he returns to play the same game. He even came up to me last night, gave me hug and said quietly, "You've got a friend in me, mom." Boy, do I love my "Round-Up Gang."









5 comments:
That is so dang cute! Will and Bruce are six and seven years old and they still dress up all the time (especially Bruce). Imaginations are great and you are such a great Mom to play along!
We talk about Tate aka Woody ALL the time!! Molly had rodeo day at school today and she looked like "Jesse". These two need to get together. They would be quite the pair!
A cowboy without his hat is like a Yodle without a hey-he-who ;)
toy story is a kron family favorite. glad you guys like it too!
I have got the biggest smile on my face hearing this song and imagining Tate in that cute hat. And you too of course!
ok....so when I came to your blog to read this post again (SOOOO adorable), I just took time to enjoy listening to "You've Got a Friend in Me" as I watched your photo slide. Frame after frame, filled with love, fun, sweetness and smiles. What a great way to make my heart smile tonight. Thanks, 'chelle, for this blog. Your momma is nuts about you.
Post a Comment