~my blessed life~

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nana and Poppy

Mom and Dad came to Georgia to meet Tate the beginning of August and of course, we had a blast! One of our favorite traditions is to feed ducks Sunday evenings and they were able to share in our ritual during their visit.

Dad and this one particular duck became quite close over the course of the evening and I think he had a tough time saying goodbye when it was time to leave. :)
Tate sure had fun!

Toby kept looking at the big "ball" in the sky and he thought it was so cool that it was just hanging there!


Toby and Mom loved to sit out over the water and watch the ducks especially when a flock would fly in and skim the water with such grace.
When we returned home, Toby crawled up in Grandpa's lap and fell asleep.

It sure was hard when they had to leave for Virginia, as it always is when any of our family returns home. Sometimes this Georgia stuff gets to me but I know it's best for our family right now. I just ache that we can't live closer and enjoy the little joys of everyday living. Thanks for coming down, Nana and Poppy. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

3 comments:

dubby said...

I can't read your blog. It makes me so jealous of Diane! What a wonderful family!

Michelle said...

Deb, you can come and visit me anytime. The boys could ALWAYS use another Nana!

Anonymous said...

I love our extended family as well, all of them :). I know that your heart throbs anytime your family leaves, but what would Hunter and I do without Toby? I do not want to think about that...so get use to Georgia.