
Toby loves, loves, loves Disney's CARS (the movie). He hasn't really stopped watching it for about 10 months now. It's his
Brrrmmm, Brrrrmmm movie and he always laughs at Mater, one of his favorite
characters. Toby received a large CARS coloring book from Santa and he and I were coloring in it a few days ago. I picked out a picture of Mater and kind of liked what I started coloring so I took a picture.

I kept coloring over the next few days and this was the final outcome. It's fun what you can do with just a few Crayola crayons!

Toby continually
squealed with delight when he looked at the picture I colored, so I decided to put it up in his room. I had an old frame that I got at a garage sale for $1. I bought it because I liked the matting of the frame but hated the picture inside. I tried to put this picture in the frame but the frame was too large. I then looked for coordinating scrapbook paper to put behind my creation but realized that the opening of the frame was larger than the 12 x 12 paper I had.
SOOOOO, I took the back off the frame, cut Mater out with an X-
acto knife and adhered him to the glass with spray adhesive.

Toby and I hung it above his bed and he says "Goodnight" to his friend everyday!

7 comments:
That is freaking awesome! I never knew you were such an artist.
You should be selling these on ebay!
Thanks Ammon! It was really fun to color and I felt like I was a kid again.
omg I love it! it looks amazing. you certainly know your way around a good car color! no wonder andrew married you! :) you should totally do more!
Like I told you when you first showed me this....I think this is SUPER, INCREDIBLE, AMAZING and UNBELIEVABLE!!!
I loved the creative process going on in my little girl's head...because I have been witness to that wonderful process for 30 years now. You are super talented, honey. And I love that Toby and Tate are benefitting from that talent. Keep it up...and I absolutely love Mater, too. Toby has great taste.
WOW! You are awesome!! My coloring never looks like that! I love what you did with the frame, too. You could make some money, for sure!
Michelle that is awesome. I wish I had just a tad of the creativity you have. I love the picture and it looks awesome on the glass like that. Would you like to come help me decorate my house?? I need it!! We love you guys and hope to see you soon!! ~ Aunt Aj
Post a Comment