~my blessed life~

Friday, October 24, 2008

Super EASY Christmas Presents


Glass Pebble Magnets

My girlfriend, Heather, and I made these this week for Christmas presents. All you need is a bag of clear craft pebbles (I got mine at the Dollar Store), a bag of round magnets (pre-adhesive) that were $1.97 at Walmart (18 count), scrapbook paper and glue. We found that using Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue worked perfectly. ($1.19 per bottle)

I used my 1" scrapbooking round punch to cut the scrapbook paper and adhered it with glue to the pebble. Even though the magnets were pre-glued, we added a touch more for reinforcement. (Hint...when drying, place the magnet so the design is facing up. Then your magnets won't shift/slide.)

This project took NO TIME at all. So, have fun using some of your old scraps of paper and let me know how YOURS turn out.

By the way, this project is more fun when you complete it with a crazy neighbor, eating homemade salsa, guacamole, and brie cheese and crackers. Check out our multi-tasking skills; eating AND gluing all at the same time!!!

8 comments:

The Allred Family said...

fun.....I love that idea. i have some on my fridge that a friend got for my mom for her b-day. She paid a ton for them at soe snotty boutique! I love the idea! i'll be expecting mine soon! j/k

Heather O'Pry said...

We are big DORKS! I love the pictures and I had so much fun making these. I always have fun with you. My fish are still alive.

Diane said...

Laurie and I LOVED making these...I'm making a bunch more! Wish I could have been there with you and Heather....what fun!

Diane said...

By the way....I love your papers! They look great!

Emmy said...

Cute, Chelle! Love you and miss you like crazy!!
xoxo-emmy

meg said...

chelle...there's something i've been wanting to say to you, but i've just been too shy to say it.

so here goes...

i miss your purple hair!!!

(africa, you did the dang thang!)

Nick and Alisha said...

Hey Michelle! I love the magnets, and it looks like you guys had sooo much fun. I wish I could have been there! Love ya, Aj

Ummm....and yes I got a Blog set up but there is nothing on it yet!!! Don't tell Nick!! :)

meg said...

blog more, fool!!!