~my blessed life~

Sunday, July 19, 2009

WOW!


I just saw this on cnn.com and thought y'all might be interested! This is NOT photoshopped...can you believe it? This is a Nomura's jellyfish and they originate in the Yellow Sea and in Chinese waters. Ocean currents are transporting them to the Sea of Japan. The can grow up to 6 feet in diameter and weigh more than 450 pounds. Crazy, huh!?

5 comments:

meg said...

dang! that is LEGIT!!

Ammon said...

I still think it's fake... Guess I need to work on my faith in cnn.com

Jessica said...

I want to get my SCUBA certification but it's things like this that get me freaked out! can you imagine being anywhere near that thing?? scary.

Heather O'Pry said...

Wow, I'm loving the ya'll thing. You are slowly converting...welcome to the south gal!

Emmy said...

Does it sting? Shudder. It's things like this that make me tell my children, "don't get past your knees in the ocean." How messed are they? They live by the ocean and yet, they may never enter it. But, with crazy things like this. . .can you blame me? (just say no)