Time LineKathy (my mother-in-law) arrived in Georgia July 21st
She and Toby flew back to Ohio on July 29th
Andrew, Tate and I were to drive up on August 7th to reunite and spend a weeks vacation in the great state of OHIO!

What was I thinking? Toby has never spent one day/night away from us let alone 10 days! I must fair, however, to Andrew's family. They were AWESOME to Toby. They made him a welcome sign, the whole family came out to greet him, he played at his cousins house(s) everyday, ate ice cream and french fries at the family owned Dairy Bar...it was Toby's mom that almost had a mental break down. Tate loved every second of it; he got mom and dad's undivided attention and soaked it up. Andrew and I loved having time with Tate and he made us laugh all the time! But I would talk to Toby on the phone and he would tell me that he missed me and that he wanted to come home. I thought my heart was going to explode!

I knew I wasn't going to make it 10 days, so I packed up the car and left on Monday, August 3rd to see him. (Andrew kept his original vacation dates and flew up on Friday to see us...thanks Ronda!) When I arrived, he told me about 20 times, "I need hugs, Mom!" All was well with the world. (Even if SOME family members made fun of me for being a softy...you just wait.)
The next morning, I think Toby was ready for me to go back home. Nice.
I ended up taking almost 700 pictures during the 2 weeks I stayed in Ohio. Mind you, some were Rudi's senior pics but still I might have an addiction. So, stay tuned to some of our adventures. And thanks to the Pieracini's for loving my family so much and making Toby feel so at home!
Here are just a few random pictures taken at Grandma's house...

Toby and cousin Robyn.

Cousins Emmett, Molly, Toby and Morgan.

Cousins Emmett, Toby, Sam, Tate and Max. It was really difficult to get these cousins to smile at the same time. (except for Sam in the middle...he had a perm-a-grin!;)

When Tate wasn't laughing or playing, this was his favorite place to hang out.

Toby and Tate. What a pair!

Toby did alot of "firsts" while he was in Ohio including making his own smores. Aunt Jenny has always been so patient with Toby and teaching him new things. (remind me to post about last years coloring Easter eggs)


I equally have been impressed with Aunt Shannon's love for kids. If I didn't know where Tate was, chances were Shannon was cuddling with him. (or feeding him smores)

Here is the newest member of the family, Bella. Shannon and Aaron's little girl. Andrew and I could not get enough of her and I think secretly Andrew wanted to put her in our suitcase!
To my friends and family...the next few pictures might end me up in a divorce so please let me know if you have an extra couch I can stay on!
Nick, Kyle and Andrew. Brothers...what hams! I told them I wanted a picture of them and this is what I got.


One of my absolute TRUE joys in life is watching Andrew laugh with his brothers. I swear it's like watching a bunch of 9 year olds.


Some diving fun...




6 comments:
Looks like we had fun!!! WE DID!!! I wish all summer and all year could be as fun as last week. You could post all 700 pictures and I wouldn't get tired of looking at them. You may get made fun of alot, but you know we only make fun of those we love. We are sooooo lucky to have you in our family. By the way... your husband is a turd. I know he is MY brother, but you CHOSE him. Either way we are both STUCK with him. Love you guys and miss you too!!
Aunt Jenny
You did a great job putting these on the computer. I love them all. I belly laughted at my brothers. WOW I was there and its more funny knowing they are on the internet. HeHe... My life is boring now that you are gone. COME BACK!!!! How is Toby adjusting a home with out us?
HAHA!! Those pictures of the brothers are cracking me up! I'm requesting the Pieracini's adopt me so I can come play too! Looks like you guys have a blast when you're together!!
Those pictures are so funny! The Pieracini's are great at making everyone feel comfortable when they come and visit. Even the neighbor's next door! I'm glad that ya'll had a great time and I'm more glad that ya'll are back home. Hunter and I were having Michelle and Toby withdrawals.
I LOVE those pictures of Andrew and his brothers! I'm sure they will love everyone laughing at them too. We just got back from Idaho and your pictures reminded me just how fun it is for the cousins to play together. Everyone gets so excited when we come out and it looks like that's the way it's going to be for your family too! I love the sign and balloons they had for Toby! He should feel special...they don't do that for us when we got to Ohio! Ha, ha! Wish we could have seen you while you were there!
I love this post. Simply love it. What a great trip. The pic with Toby and Kathy at the airport makes me want to cry a little, tho, just imagining what you must have been feeling. I heard your heart break each time we talked on the phone through that time you were separated, and I can only imagine his excitement when he saw his momma.
And yes, those pics of Andrew and Nick and Kyle are absolute winners.
I have had some great fun around that pool, and I would love to go back and be with Andrew's fam a little.
I am so glad the boys got to be with their cousins.
(and that last pic of Tate....well, it just fills my heart. He is amazing)
(sorry, I wrote a book. I tend to do that. I begin typing and thoughts just flow right into my fingers....I should try and control that a little)
Post a Comment